How to reach Solaris Hotel, Kuta, Bali:
From the airport, make your way to Lippo Mall Kuta across St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. You should meet a roundabout and turn right just before you arrived. Instead, take left after the roundabout. Solaris will be on your left.
My stay roomrate:
IDR 304,299/night, tax & services included (Got a discount here)
I booked it one day before, so I wasn’t expecting a hot deal. I arrived about 6 p.m. after exploring Bali, craving for that hot shower, hazy lights, and a warm big blanket. Here’s what it’s like:
Websites show Solaris Hotel as a 4-star hotel. Since my stay costed only about 24$, I couldn’t wait to verify. Here’s my room:
As I always say in every hotel review: we define a hotel by its breakfast.
It’s an all-you-can-eat, just like most 4-star hotels. I mingled to see the whole menu:
I expect more from a 4-star hotel. With a minimum choice, I started my day with these:
- TV channels, room slippers, and AC were fine. I was quite surprised by what I found under the desk:
- I was excited by that sofa they provide in every room, it was comfy.
- Few steps to Jerman Beach.
- Poor choice of breakfast, especially western menu.
- Need to work on that mint tea welcome drink.
The near-beach location and the reasonable price make this 4-star hotel got into the game. Personally, I would rate it as a 3-star, no hard feeling. I’d totally recommend you to stay at Solaris Hotel, if you would like a not-too-noisy stay at Kuta.