How to reach Frangipane Villa, North Kuta, Bali:
Whether you walk or drive, look for these landmarks:
– Kopi dan Roti Cafe (Airbnb won’t share the actual address before you settle your stay.)
– Guardian Pharmacy would be across.
– Ultimo Italian Restaurant is 8′ on foot, but the route’s quite tricky if you’re riding a two-wheel or a car (The 8′ on foot route is narrow). Make sure you check the vehicle route (not on foot) on the navigation app.
You may use the Google Map below to reach it, or just search “Gang Keker nomor 45”.
2017, second semester.
We couldn’t park our car inside (There’s enough parking spot for one) because the gate just wouldn’t fully open. The host said it’s safe to park outside, so, no problem (I checked for the car several times; citizen of metropolis issue. My bad).
Frangipane Villa has great design. It combines secluded concept and homey sense well enough. Take a look:
Let’s go directly to the pros and cons of Frangipane Villa.
- The overall design -once again- is marvelous! It’s not a local house rented as a villa, but a dedicated private staying spot, groomed for leisure only.
- I haven’t been able to locate Frangipane Villa based on spacial knowledge yet (What I’m trying to say is: I can’t go back to Frangipane without any navigation help. LOL), but based on Google Map, it has strategic location to some infamous restaurant and tourism object. Adequate tourism booklet provided.
- The portable modem served an extremely swift wi-fi!
- A private pool, high-speed internet, nice location, fine AC for anticipated scorching weather, all under US$ 100 (I spent about US$ 85, US$ 1 = IDR 15.000).
- Restaurant, salon, cafe, pharmacy, and 24-hour convenience store in the vicinity.
- Mosquito! There’s too many of them! They visited us, day and night. The provided repellant didn’t work at all. It may be related to the gardening: Tall grass, lack-of-maintenance plants (Which I observe, planted for decorative purpose), making it perfect for their home-sweet-home.
- The plunge pool is… well, a plunge pool. The pool staff arrived and cleaned it the moment I was arrived (early check-in). It’s not an exciting plunge due to inoperative pool pump, absence of instagrammable photo property like I saw at those girls’ posts (at another villa, I mean).
- No TV. It’s a bummer when you brought your parents along. “We have nothing to do, there’s no TV!” You’ll embrace the idea if you’re staying with spouse or kinfolk.
- No bidet.
- No breakfast.
Frangipane Villa suits perfectly for gathering need (2 double bed, separated bedroom, 1 sofabed). It’s a private villa which isn’t too far from the Airport, Seminyak, Kuta, compared to villas in Ubud. Just bring an extra mosquito repellant, and of course, a well-prepared itinerary beside indulging the villa.